LPS were asked to support the Digital Transformation Programme through establishment, mobilisation and operation of a Programme Management Office which would enable and uplift the delivery capability across the transformation.
The Programme Office set about to improve and ensure transparency, reliability and quality by providing tooling, programme governance, and standards, combined with an independent perspective and active problem-solving approach to drive business value.
The key objectives of the programme office were:
- Driving a transparent birds eye view of the programme
- Ensuring the tribes and squads could perform at their best and work effectively together
- Manage Performance delivery on time and at high quality
- Stay ahead of issues to avoid roadblocks and accelerate delivery
During the 12 months of the engagement time the team:
- Established a Programme Office Function which has uplifted the delivery capability significantly across the programme
- Enabled and supported the shift to a Service Blueprint based operating model to enable the complex delivery of a significant end-to-end digital transformation
- Enabled and managed a data driven integrated end-to-end programme view and the cadence around its operation
- Championed business readiness to ensure alignment and appropriate activities are driven through the entire business to enable successful integration of new technology, capability and processes into the business
- Uplifted financial and commercial capability across the programme
- Uplifted workflow ensuring commonality across multiple tribes and business units to enable visibility, predictability and data driven decision making across the programme